Sunday, February 27, 2011

Get exposed in your local media! IT WORKS!

Folks,

Last summer I was interviewed by a local (or regional) magazine about my coffee roasting operations out of my garage! It was a phone interview and I can tell you it was a lot of fun. I didn’t pay much attention to it at the time. The magazine went out of business. Just a few weeks ago (mid-December or so) I got a call from another magazine that was rescuing the interviews from the failed publication. They were interested in my story and wanted to send a photographer to “my garage”. I said GREAT, come over! They came and they jus published an article about coffee roasters in my region. Ever since day one I got some sales both here at Bonanza and through my own website.
This is the article: http://tinyurl.com/4s6khzr

Anyway, all of this came about because I started to talk about my business a lot to friends, family and neighbors. Some key individuals (and I don’t know how) got interested and then I got the call last summer. I know that not everybody can get their stories in a local magazine or publication but I think that, with just a little effort in informing our own community and circle of influence, we can get some good exposure to the general public and increase traffic and sales on our on-line businesses here at Bonanza.
It may work or it may not work for you but I just wanted to share this with you just in case it does!

Leo

1 comment: